Life Outside the City Limits
Water Testing, by the National Groundwater Association - You don't need to be an expert to test your well water and reduce the risk of contamination.
- Watch Out for Wildfires
- Planting for the Future - Arbor Day 2015
- Epsom Salts and Soil
- Let the Lawn Games Begin
- 5 Shopping Tips for Garden Success
- The Importance of Wildness
- So You Want to Buy a Horse?
- Fitness Works
- Celebrate National Salsa Month
- Control Noxious Weeds this Spring
- Leafy Spurge - Best Treatment Options
- Storing an Emergency Water Supply
Tractor Safety Classes Offered Statewide
Nebraska Extension Tractor Safety/Hazardous Occupations Courses will be offered at seven locations in Nebraska during May and June. Any 14 or 15-year-old teen who plans to work on a farm other than his/her parents' should plan to attend. Classes consist of two days of instruction plus homework assignments. Classes are from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. each day. Dates and locations include:
- May 27-28, Fairgrounds, Kearney
- June 1-2, Fairgrounds, Valentine
- June 5-6, Event Center, Lincoln
- June 8-9, Farm and Ranch Museum, Gering
- June 11-12, West Central Research and Extension Center, North Platte
- June 15-16, Fairgrounds, Wayne
- June 17-18, College Park, Grand Island
Pre-registration is strongly encouraged at least one week before a location's start date to the Extension Office at the course site. Cost is $60, which includes educational materials, testing, supplies, lunches and breaks. For more information, contact the Extension Office or Sharry Nielsen at (308) 832-0645, firstname.lastname@example.org.