Life Outside the City Limits
This winter Backyard Farmer "Lifestyle Gardening" is offering two winter programs.
- selecting tomato cultivars and starting your own seeds
- selecting bulbs
- how to tell the difference between spruce, pine and fir
- container design considerations - colors, shape and size
- and fall prairie plants at Pioneers Park in Lincoln, Nebraska.
- using prairie plants in the landscape
- how to plant bulbs, including size, spacing and which tools to use
- symptoms of winter damage and how to manage it
- container plant combinations for the whole season
- and great ornamental grasses for home landscapes.
- Is Septic System Performance Impacted by Water Softener Use?
- Creating Appeal in All Seasons on the Acreage
- Canned Foods Provide Needed Nutrients
- Regulations Regarding the Sale of Animal Meat Products
- Family Communication Plan: An Element of Disaster Preparedness
Spring Affair Plant Sale and Garden Event
The Spring Affair is the Midwest's largest gardening plant sale and event. Admission to the Saturday plant sale is free. The plant sale; plant talks; educational booths; and vendors of garden art, sculptures, furniture and other items are all in the Lancaster Event Center's Pavilion I, with plenty of parking north of the building. Spring Affair will be April 25th, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Lancaster Event Center, 4100 North 84th Street, Lincoln, NE.
More than 500 different varieties of plants will be offered at the plant sale, with plants, educational talks and garden vendors all under the same roof.
The ticketed Preview Party is Friday, April 24 from 6-9 p.m.
To volunteer or be a vendor, call 402-472-2971 or email email@example.com. For more information contact Karma Larsen, 402-472-7923, firstname.lastname@example.org. Spring Affair is sponsored by Nebraska Statewide Arboretum.