Life Outside the City Limits
H5N2 Avian Flu - Several states have at least one confirmed case of the H5N2 avian flu. Sheila Purdum, Nebraska Extension poultry specialist, explains what the virus is, how it affects birds and how producers can implement biosecurity precautions on their operations.
Planning and Maintaining Your New Well, by the National Groundwater Association. Proper location and construction of a new well are the first steps to reducing risks to your water supply. Learn about potential sources of contamination to look for and how to work with a certified well installer to ensure the safety of your drinking water.
- 4 Facts About Chiggers You Should Know
- 5 Things to Consider to Avoid Herbicide Drift
- The Long Lives of Trees
- Do No Harm - Low Risk Alternatives for Landscape Care
- Mulch for Ornamentals and Veggies
- 4 Ways to Beat the Heat
- Tips for Barbecue Food Safety
- Making Water Safe When Away from Home
- Avian Influenza: Guidelines for Backyard Poultry Flocks
Vineyards and Herbicide Drift
The grape industry in Nebraska continues to grow. Grapes are a very profitable crop, but they are sensitive to herbicide drift.