Acreage Insights: Life Outside the City Limits
Is Acreage Insights: Life Outside the City Limits a valuable information source for you? By answering six quick questions you can help us document its impact on your acreage management practices, and your responses will help us continue to provide high quality information that is relevant to your concerns about managing your acreage. Thank you! Survey.
Fall is approaching, but we still have plenty of time for those summer activities, like riding horses, pest management, and watering (keeping conservation and reuse in mind).
- Plants for Childrens Gardens
- Summer-blooming Trees
- Turn the Compost Pile
- Do-It-Yourself Water Quality Test Kits
- Meat Labels 101 - What You Need to Know
- New Wildlife Damage Management Publication Available
- New Stormwater Management NebGuide Available
- 2014 Nebraska Farmland Values and Rental Rates
- Getting Kids Horseback Made Simple
- Harvest and Storage of Apples & Pears
Apple Jack Festival,
Sept. 19-21, 2014
Nebraska City's historic AppleJack Festival annually draws between 60,000 and 80,000 people to Nebraska City to celebrate the kickoff of the apple harvest.
Apple pie, apple cider, apple cider donuts, candy apples, caramel apples, apple fritters, apple salad...pretty much anything you can imagine made from apples are available at the AppleJack Festival.
With over 6 craft fairs, a parade, street dances, a classic car show, live music, and a 3-day carnival, for one weekend Nebraska City becomes the Apple Capital of the World.
Don't miss it!